The mission of CBMR is to promote and develop research excellence including technology transfer. This will ensure national and international competitiveness in the biomedical science and technology domains for the benefit of society.
This mission incorporates 8 core goals:
1) Conduct excellent quality and competitive research.
2) Focus our research programme to address the crucial health issues of the 21st century.
3) Develop and support the CBMR academic and commercial research facilities.
4) Promote knowledge dissemination through our education programmes.
5) Continue and develop further industrial collaborations including joint research programmes and technology transfer.
6) Provide research services and consulting outside of the research unit.
7) Ensure the dissemination of CBMR research findings to the public.
8) Strengthen the International reputation of Portuguese research in the areas investigated within the CBMR.